Woman Nearly Burns To Death On Flight After This Catches On Fire While She Was Asleep

An Australian woman on a flight was fast asleep and on the way home. That’s when a flight attendant saw something wrong–her headphones seemed to be sparking, and catching on fire. She poured water all over the woman before they could cause any serious damage.

“They were sparking and had small amounts of fire,” the woman said in an Australian Transport Safety Bureau statement.

“As I went to stamp my foot on them the flight attendants were already there with a bucket of water to pour on them.”

Smoke and the smell of melted plastic and electronics pervaded the cabin for the rest of the journey to Australia.

“People were coughing and choking the entire way home,” one passenger said in the ATSB statement.

Authorities said that the batteries were likely the culprit that caused the headphones to catch fire and reminded people to carry batteries with them and not in their stowed luggage.

BEWARE!